[At-Large] GNSO Council

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun Nov 18 16:02:01 UTC 2012

I agree with Adam.

It is the Board's massive tactical error in brinksmanship to have forced an
"all or none" approach to the IOC and Red Cross, in which case the answer
was "if that is the only choice, then the answer is 'none' ".

In so easily bowing to pressure from lobbyists and the GAC above the
interests of the rest of the community, ICANN's Board has circumvented any
thoughtful conversation on how to protect non-trademark names in the public
interest. It bears complete responsibility for the embarrassment it has
already brought upon the organization in this regard.

- Evan