[At-Large] Proposed ALAC statement on reserved names for the IOC and Red Cross

Elisabeth Porteneuve elisabeth.porteneuve at latmos.ipsl.fr
Sun Mar 4 23:47:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

I went through the reserved names's PDF to recall myself the issue,
however at that time the case of protection of organizations other that
ICANN was not even addressed.

Today it's screaming that ICANN places itself above the other rights
holders, while at the same time is creating instability for many
organizations, and for the whole world.

With its private reserved list of names ICANN is not credible. The
legislative body cannot set rules and make exception for itself -- not
in a decent place.

ICANN is immoral to make an exception of itself from its own rules.

I have no idea how to address that issue, but it cannot simply be forgotten.

Elisabeth Porteneuve

cf. http://www.gnso.icann.org/drafts/icannimplementation-
doc-gnso-rswg-04sep07.pdf