[At-Large] Notice of Motion: update to ALAC advice on gTLDs

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon Dec 19 12:10:47 UTC 2011

Dear Olivier,

I think the recommendation to suspend the program
is wrong (Strickling is right :-)), yes I know
it's draft, however if you wish to go forward
with it and have the resolution taken seriously,
you (or at least Evan as the proposer of the
motion) should be specific in what is meant by
"public-interest" in this sentence:

"We request that implementation of the program be
suspended until necessary public-interest
modifications are implemented."

The gTLD program is specific, what needs to be
modified to remove these public-interest
concerns?  Identify what needs to be addressed,
otherwise you're potentially creating an ever
moving target.

Best,

Adam