[At-Large] Notice of Motion: update to ALAC advice on gTLDs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Dec 18 23:03:55 UTC 2011

They did give an explanation, albeit not a particularly satisfying
one, nor even one that stands up to scrutiny (in my opinion). They
said that "Assistance is limited to the available funding, thereby
mitigating risk." The risk of deferring at least a reasonable amount
of return-to-reserve is one that they have accepted in the past
without any substantial rationale that it was a risky decision.

Alan