[At-Large] ANNOUNCEMENT : Results from Round 1 voting for At-Large selected Board Member for seat #15 of ICANN Board

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Nov 26 15:56:44 UTC 2010

On 26/11/2010 15:55, Evan Leibovitch wrote :
> This is possibly the most important vote At-Large has held since its
> inception. The regions and/or NomComm deserve to know who did not vote.

I have failed to vote, for technical reasons. Murphy's law struck
through an incredible course of events and circumstances along the lines
of "the perfect storm". I have fully explained the problem I faced to
both candidates and to Heidi (in the heat of the moment, right after she
logged in during thanksgiving - I apologise to Heidi too for bothering
her with this problem at an inappropriate moment).

In short, I apologise profusely.
My excuse runs from the desire to wait for the EURALO results until
voting and being struck with a loss of electrical power in my company's
email servers at around 13:20 UTC, the loss of main power which has not
happened in more than 9 years in this part of London. With power
restored shortly later, 2 of the 3 servers failed to reboot and with me
having flown to Cannes *the day before*, help had to come from out of
London to reboot them, in the evening. Local help was on leave. In
trying to use the remaining server, I locked myself out of the prior
loaded emails & lost the ballot at 20:00UTC. A return to "normal" took
place at 2:00UTC last night, although it was "not nice" for the hardware
to be subjected to yoyo power fluctuations.

My vote would not have made a difference to the results. And believe me,
I do not want to live yesterday afternoon's nightmare again. I have
therefore already cast my vote today, alongside EURALO's results. I am
also awaiting a serious explanation from the local electricity provider
but that's another story.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--