[At-Large] Libya terminating unacceptable .ly domains

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 06:48:46 UTC 2010

John,

Will Internet be Internet if Muslim countries ban sites with porn content,
Hindu countries ban sites that have anything to do with beef or veal, Jewish
countries ban sites with pictures of fish without scales and  Christian
nations ban sites from every other religion ?

Starts with domain names, next would be deep packet inspection aided
filtering and IP address blocking. Stars with porn, will progress to
 idealogical and political content and then the technologies would even be
adopted to be tools for 'economic sanctions'.

The network of networks wouldn't be Internet if it becomes a network of
national networks.  ccTLDs, National Internet Exchanges and IDN TLDs are the
greatest threats to Internet.

Sivasubramanian M