[At-Large] ICANN Board Nomination

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Sat Aug 21 12:36:00 UTC 2010

On 20 Aug 2010, at 23:55, Annette Muehlberg wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> This is a very special moment: For many years we have been working on setting up structures to get Internet users involved in ICANN’s policy and decision making processes. After implementing RALOs in each region of the world we finally managed to (re)build a structure to have an Internet user representative on the ICANN Board with voting rights. This is a very important and responsible position.
>
> Herewith, I nominate Avri Doria to represent Internet users on the ICANN Board.
>
> She is extremely qualified to serve the interests of users on the ICANN Board. Here, I include just some of Avri's qualifications.  She

Nothing against Avri personnally, but I thought the whole idea was to avoid choosing ICANN insiders and bring new blood to the Board.
I would say we should avoid choosing anyone who has been on an AC or SO for the last 3 years (and this includes current and recent ALAC members and RALO leaders).

Patrick Vande Walle