[At-Large] [EURO-Discuss] ICANN Board Nomination

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat Aug 21 12:57:29 UTC 2010

Patrick, I'm generally sympathetic to what you're
saying, and also with Khaled Koubaa's email to
the At Large list (expect everyone's read) about
the importance of regional balance.  If we were
able to select more than one Director and were
able to select from a large pool of candidates
(I'm guessing the number may not be so large, it
will be nice to be wrong) then I think these kind
of factors would play a more significant role.
But with only one pick for the next three and a
half years, from what might be a smallish pool of
candidates, I would emphasize the candidate's
skills to perform the tasks of a director and
serve the interests of users over all other
factors.

Adam