[APAC-Discuss] Feedback on ALS Mobilization Report

Gopal Tadepalli gopal.tadepalli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 00:59:39 UTC 2020

Dear All,

I attended the Webinar #2 indicated in the trace of this mail.

It has been my pleasure listening to Dr. Alan Greenberg and I must thank
him and the ALS Mobilization WG for
the efforts and so many meetings. However, the following concerns need to
be addressed.

We wish that there are many thriving online communities all over the world.
ALS of ICANN is one such. They begin with a small handful of members, see a
sudden rise in active members as word spreads, before plateauing in the
maturity phase. Many have a "Big Launch" and then nothing happens. A good
number of them are non - starters.  Please see the attachment I located
from the ICANN Wiki..

Also attached is an APRALO ALS Survey conducted in February 2018 located on
the ICANN WIki.

How does the proposal of ALS ensure that any "Incident Response" is
localized and the connected society facilitates jurisprudence?

Observation : Any assertion in "Incident Response" can be automatically
annulled with sheer passage of time, say 20 years.  The concern
is not about those who can manage this spell of time.

While Dr. Alan Greenberg mentioned in his presentation that there are not
many major changes being mooted in this report of the WG, it is good
to study the policy guidelines in the WG report along with the ground
reality in APRALO as indicated in the attachments.

SIncerely,

Gopal T V

0 9840121302https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/57545https://www.facebook.com/gopal.tadepalli
Dr. T V Gopal