[APAC-Discuss] APrIGF 2014 today

Siranush Vardanyan siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 05:18:09 UTC 2014

Dear AP members,
Just wanted to highlight the workshop at APrIGF, taking place today, which you can follow remotely: ICANN Globalization from a Regional Perspective, Workshop 6 - Time: 11:00 – 12:30 (local time). Direct remote participation is available via http://2014.rigf.asia/agenda/workshop-proposals/workshop-proposal-6/.
Among other panelists from APNIC and Coordination Center for Russian ccTLDs,  there are three APRALO members: Yu-Chung Kuek, VP Stakeholder Engagement Asia, ICANN, Edmon Chung, CEO of DotAsia Organisation and Hongbin Chu, Senior International Stategist, China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC), the last two are from APRALO ALSs.
Why I am highlighting this workshop because, one of the topics which will be discussed is "How to engage the regional representatives in the policy making of ICANN?"Prior to our webinar with APNIC, the information about which will be sent soon, this will be an interesting topic to hear.
If there are any AP members present at APrIGF in person (and I know that some of our members are there), please, share your thoughts after the workshop and provide brief highlights of the discussion to others who are not able to be there.
Best
SiranushAPRALO Chair