[APAC-Discuss] Fwd: APRALO Community Request for FY14

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 17 10:12:27 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone

Finally, we have a FEW days to revise this application (there will be a final teleconference this coming Tuesday to finalise requests)

So questions:

The application is to attend the IGF in Bali from 22 - 25 October.  Do we want to apply instead to attend the regional IGF in Seoul from 3-5 Sept, particularly since the issue of IDN variants is particularly acute for the APAC region, or possibly seek funding to attend both (but only 4 people travel to each)

Next question - particularly to Rinalia and Edmon: we should be more specific about the languages/scripts that present the most challenge to the issue - so do we want pretty much the same range of discussants.  If we are just applying for money to attend Bali, then we need to have languages outside of the APRALO region as well - so what should they be?

 I'd like a better idea of at least where people are coming from so we can put in more exact figures for travel.

Any and all input welcome - but soon, so that I can participate in Tuesday's meeting with more information from all of you

Thanks

Holly