[APAC-Discuss] IGF - Visas was -- Community Request for FY14

Winthrop Yu w.yu at gmx.net
Thu Apr 18 02:23:25 UTC 2013

On 4/17/2013 6:12 PM, Holly Raiche wrote:
> The application is to attend the IGF in Bali from 22 - 25 October.  Do we want to apply instead to attend the regional IGF in Seoul from 3-5 Sept, particularly since the issue of IDN variants is particularly acute for the APAC region, or possibly seek funding to attend both (but only 4 people travel to each)

   Just to note -- Bali (Indonesia) does not require a visa from most (if not
all) short-term visitors, Seoul (Korea) does.  This actually tripped me up in
the weeks prior to Beijing.  I did broach the matter of visas with YJ last week,
i'll send her a follow-up email with suggestions on how the Korean "visa support
letter" can be more effective (#1 would be that this letter should be in the
language of the country issuing the visas, not in English).

2 cents,

WYn