[ALAC] GAC Liaison Report: ICANN79 Meeting Highlights

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:49:24 UTC 2024

Hi Joanna,

Many thanks, one more issue that caught my attention. '' However, it's
important to acknowledge that individual national perspectives continue to
significantly influence discussions and approaches to these issues, both
within our community and beyond it, notably within the UN First and Third
Committee who are looking into regulating international cybersecurity and
cybercrime on a treaty basis.'' Based on the trends, it appears Stewardship
of the Internet's key resources might also be an area of interest to
governments since we cannot extrapolate Cybersecurity issues, not sure if
everyone is happy with the Status quo. Issues such as omission of the Tech
Community from the proposed definition of stakeholders in the GDC are just
a tip in the Iceberg.

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277