[ALAC] RECORDED / Nomination for ALAC Chair

Yesim Saglam yesim.nazlar at icann.org
Mon Jul 18 09:40:08 UTC 2022

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your e-mail. Your nomination acceptance is recorded.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Yeşim Sağlam

From: ALAC <alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Jonathan Zuck via ALAC <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Date: 18 July 2022 Monday 05:25
To: Maureen Hilyard <maureen.hilyard at gmail.com>, ALAC <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Subject: Re: [ALAC] Nomination for ALAC Chair

Fellow ALAC members,
I was recently reminded that I never accepted Maureen’s nomination so…
It is with excitement and no small measure of trepidation that I accept the nomination to be the next Chair of the ALAC. My excitement is born of the progress we have made as the voice of individual end users, inside ICANN, and the enormous potential that still exists within the At-Large community. My trepidation can be summarized with this small formula:
[cid:image001.png at 01D89A10.4AD09ED0]
If I’m elected, I hope you’ll join me in advancing the fine work of both Alan and Maureen in streamlining the operational overhead of At-Large processes and, through the work of liaisons, at multiple levels, minimizing redundancy so we maximize the contributions of our volunteers. The interests of individual end users are paramount, in any consideration of ICANN policy and only become more so as more and more people find their way online. If elected, I will have one primary goal: increasing At-Large influence, within ICANN. We will accomplish this by maintaining a laser like focus on individual end user interests and engaging in consensus-based outreach both inside and outside of ICANN. Thank you for considering me for your next Chair.
Jonathan
ALAC Vice Chair for Policy
NARALO Rep to the ALAC