[ALAC] Prioritisation Framework Pilot Group

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 01:56:15 UTC 2022

My dear ALAC members

At our SOAC Chairs' meeting last Monday, we were informed about a
Prioritization
Framework pilot group that is being formed. We were asked to appoint one
primary representative and one alternate (backup) from each of our groups.
This will be a small group consisting of one representative each from the
ALAC, GAC, RSSAC, SSAC, ASO, ccNSO, GNSO Contracted Parties House, GNSO
Commercial Stakeholder Group and the GNSO Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group
who will develop the framework for the Planning Prioritisation Process.

Org requires the names by the end of February.  What is interesting is that
they initiated discussions  with the OFBWG about this Planning
Prioritisation Framework in August of last year.  It's taken this long to
get it off the ground.

Because of the short timeframe that we have in order to go through the
process of selecting our candidates for this short-term pilot programme
(they believe this task should be completed before May), I am suggesting
that we utilise the candidates whom we selected as our ALAC representatives
on the related WS2 Community Consultation Group for this role. They are
Cheryl Langdon Orr as our Representative, and Policy VC Jonathan Zuck as
our Alternate. Within the larger WS2 community group, they will be
supported by representatives and alternates of each of the RALOs.

If anyone has any concerns about this recommendation to confirm Cheryl and
Jonathan as our Prioritisation Framework Pilot Group representatives,
please let me know within the next 48 hours or so. I'd like to notify Org
of our representatives as soon as possible.

Many thanks in advance
Maureen