[ALAC] Fwd: [SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning] [Ext] RE: ICANN70 Plenary Topic Proposals

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:29:20 UTC 2021

For your information

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org>
Date: Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 6:24 AM
Subject: Re: [SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning] [Ext] RE: ICANN70 Plenary
Topic Proposals

Dear SOAC Chairs, group leaders and community representatives,

To follow up on my previous note, ICANN org has just confirmed that the
webinar we had planned to convene with the European Commission, on recent
developments in digital legislation and regulatory initiatives, will take
place on *26 February at 15:30 UTC*. Please see the attached announcement
for details, including a registration link, which our colleagues in the
Global Stakeholder Engagement and Communications departments will also be
sending out to the broader community.

As I mentioned, this webinar could be informative background for the
community’s discussions over the potential impact of these legislative and
regulatory proposals, including – if the topic is selected by you as a
plenary session for ICANN70 – the Business Constituency’s topic proposal.
As before, I’m providing this update for your information as you continue
to discuss the community’s preferred topics, focus and objectives for
ICANN70.

Thank you.

Cheers

Mary