[ALAC] Meeting with Goran 22 September 16.00utc.

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Sep 18 17:05:15 UTC 2020

Maureen, please do not say things like "But what replaces our more
accustomed reward for effort - of attending an ICANN meeting in some
exotic place around the world?"!!

I am sure that for some, it is quite true that they volunteer for the
travel rewards, but it is NOT the case for many, and it reflects SO
BADLY on us.

I have been to MANY exotic places on ICANN's dime. only rarely have I
taken the time to experience them. And I have been to MANY places
that I had no interest in visiting. If every ICANN meeting were held
at a Los Angeles airport hotel, my attendance would not be different,
and I suspect that is the same for you.

So let's not encourage the concept that we consider travel a reward.

Alan