[ALAC] [ALAC-Members] 2021 Liaisons

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 00:21:52 UTC 2020

Dear Abdulkarim

If there is anyone who wishes to volunteer for the understudy positions, in
response to or despite my recommendations, they are more than entitled to
do so.

However, because of the special nature of the liaison positions, and the
particular character of the persons required by the  other organisations,
not everyone who volunteers might be considered suitable either by the ALAC
or by the receiving organisation, even as an understudy.

The current position holders already have the trust of the organisations to
which they are assigned and therefore I have charged them to seek people
that they feel would best represent the At-Large perspective within another
ICANN organisation with integrity and respect. I think that they are the
best fit to make a recommendation to me and to the ALAC.

I was in such a position having been the At-Large Liaison to the ccNSO for
5 years, one before I was appointed to the ALAC, and I made the
recommendation to the ALAC of my successor.  And, Barrack has done a great
job serving both At-Large and the ccNSO. The other Liaisons have also
proved their worth in their assigned organisations.

Nevertheless, at this particular point in time, it is up to the ALAC to
make the final decision to accept my final recommendation or not. The vote
will be out soon.

I hope this helps.

Maureen