[ALAC] SO-AC Chairs responses for the IRP Standing Panel (17 July)

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Jul 21 03:53:40 UTC 2020

Maureen, I note that the ICANN Org summary of the position that you
took completely ignored the recommendation that "The group must be
supported by an external recruitment organization that can provide
the needed skill in identifying and recruiting potential qualified
judicial experts..."

I also note that the SSAC made a similar recommendation. Few people
in ICANN are likely to have the knowledge or contacts to recruit
judicial experts. Outside expertise is, in my mind, crucial.

I suggest that you point this out to them.

Alan