[ALAC] Updated Paper on Recommended Strategic Changes to Future ICANN Public Meetings

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 05:35:41 UTC 2020

Yes, I’m inline with use of live videos. My unstable Internet connection is
unpredictable even without the use of video.

Virtual Networking times, social activities and use of avatars to be in
virtual coffee breaks I did try it. It might work for people who knows each
other to continue their informal chat but it wouldn’t be easy to newcomer.
I assume the way it is proposed in the report is optional but there must be
an initiative or invite from the participants and not from the organizers.
The organizers would only provide the platform but not to program an
activity during these networking slots. I do agree with Marita that in
virtual meetings we need to be away from the screen after the actual
sessions.

I also agree with Holly regarding the working hours during the virtual
meetings to at-large community. During the public forum there were voices
of this regards and focusing the meetings on the working hours simply are
excluding newcomer and having non effective participation whom are logged
into the sessions to pretend presence. This issue of other SO/ACs might not
be an issue because ICANN discussions are part of daily jobs.