[ALAC] Fwd: [ICANN Community Leaders] 23 September Update

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 18:58:05 UTC 2019

Monday, 23 September 2019
ICANN Community Leadership Digest
The ICANN Policy Development Support team publishes this twice-weekly
digest
to help ICANN community leaders track requests and updates from ICANN org.
TABLE OF CONTENTS

Information Sharing

   - NEW: ICANN Preparations for IGF 2019: Information for the Community
   and Requests for Input
   - REMINDER: Invitation to Provide Feedback on the ICANN Board’s Proposed
   Public Interest Framework

ICANN66 Planning

   - REMINDER: ICANN66 Prep Week Schedule
   - REMINDER: Participate in Newcomers Day at ICANN66
   - REMINDER: Support the ICANN Engagement Booth at ICANN66
   - SAVE THE DATE: ICANN66 Community Leadership Reception

Public Comment

   - Next Steps to Improve the Effectiveness of ICANN's Multistakeholder
   Model
   - Competition, Consumer Trust, and Consumer Choice Review Team (CCT-RT)
   Accepted Recommendations – Plan for Implementation and Next Steps

Information Sharing
NEW: ICANN Preparations for IGF 2019: Information for the Community and
Requests for Input
Executive: Tarek Kamel, Senior Vice President, Government and International
Governmental Organization Engagement

FOR: All Community Leaders

INFORMATION SHARING
The 14th Annual Meeting of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) will be
hosted by the Government of Germany in Berlin from 25 to 29 November 2019.
ICANN org will have a booth, hold sessions, and co-host a reception with
other Internet technical organizations.

A few things we would like to share with you:

   - The 2019 IGF aims to be paperless – Informal pamphlets and materials
   will be linked by a QR code to a dedicated ICANN page on the IGF
   website. If you are interested in distributing any materials your community
   group would like to share with IGF participants, please send the materials
   to us (see below). Deadline: Friday, 4 October 2019.
   - ICANN booth – The booth will be a resource for the ICANN
   community. Please contact us (see below) if you or any of your members
   would like to volunteer at the booth, or use the booth as a place for small
   meet-ups, etc. Once we have a better idea, we will create a schedule
   reflecting this.
   - Technical community reception – Monday, 25 November 2019, 18:30-20:00
   (IGF venue). Space will be limited, and the reception will be by invitation
   only. Please send us (see below) the names of any community members
   attending the IGF and they will receive an invitation. Deadline:
   Tuesday, 12 November 2019.
   - Community sessions – Please send us (see below) details of any session
   at the IGF your community group and members are planning, and we will share
   this information online and at the ICANN booth.

ICANN sessions
IGF Day 0 Pre-Events: Monday, 25 November 2019

   - 15:05-14:35 | Workshop: The evolving ecosystem: ICANN's role in the
   security and stability of the Internet
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zczpXLcpwknapqoZ8rVzpy-iS6sN_uOiUgR2fQVc9ushdovkp4hrr0idLE8akU2oR2_hCDjqNJXgsOU1UWSJ1ue5_gAarLTtA-NK83L4ZXCdBRdEsFOB71YSyHIONjuN5yv_1sFitPEmwG1miPaOMDFQKJL0nWK81WYBA8yqkAv5-N_QeVGRquitA397sgZ3D4hKPdSaXuZ0J83fMfO8vldEslwzw3UMKTgeM-6f-AxT7DHVfYiaPxPM=&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>

IGF Day 1: Tuesday, 26 November 2019

   - 10:45-11:45 | ICANN Open Forum: ICANN - DNS, Threats and Opportunities
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zczpXLcpwknapXZRYSWDSQnq0YiAQLp4scOJupGA-RvI3fY2Dhg82Wm22hnYjvx7ud4bnHatdaZFzCI0hgLGSIHy9zNDt1F7DSclRIFWREd5qzwLtVvtba3cKDcYVo7ohLM85-qFFCs670PZCwVnQQW_DwWzHTmY23iZxz-XI5Qd6zc2o19V8h_5gjuXSx5NHEQ==&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>

IGF Day 3: Thursday 28 November 2019

   - 11:05-12:35 | Workshop: Online Identity in the Multilingual Domain
   Name Space
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zczpXLcpwknapJFHynDxqJPPz76tmCHVhYvhbAg2jByxafrwszefX0selSXbke7JsvAByHBhYBT9IO6d6KRqAadOriMZNDbcrYtxWlYNwfSekgCizZVTrkPQde44WRzm6wkJNC1NdBKdFzOee1YzUEpUOFZ0QU0bbxXTvdOVvLELjxyADJ9DXIvUk1VkirNg57IVavdfyTkHsQ97vz69326s=&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>

ICANN org contact for community members and requests: Adam Peake,
adam.peake at icann.org.
REMINDER: Invitation to Provide Feedback on the ICANN Board’s Proposed
Public Interest Framework
Executive: Sally Costerton, Senior Vice President, Global Stakeholder
Engagement

FOR: All Community Leaders

INFORMATION SHARING
>From 18 September – 18 October 2019, a community consultation is taking
place on the global public interest framework proposed by the ICANN Board.
In reviewing the proposal, the ICANN Board is asking the ICANN community to
consider the following questions for input to the ICANN Board:

   1. What are your thoughts on the proposed framework approach? Do you
   have any suggestions for how it could be improved?
   2. What are your thoughts on the proposed approach for decisions in the
   ICANN ecosystem to be accompanied by a consideration of their impact on the
   global public interest (as well as an explanation regarding what is meant
   by the GPI in the specific case)?
   3. How do you see this working for the Supporting Organization (SO),
   Advisory Committee (AC), constituency, group, review team, or
   cross-community working group (CCWG) to which you are contributing?

The global public interest is central to many of ICANN’s primary governance
documents, and the ICANN Board hopes to play a role in facilitating a
bottom-up, community-driven process to develop a framework as a toolkit for
the ICANN community to consider the global public interest. These
considerations would not change the process by which decisions are made but
could instead serve as tools for the community to reinforce the commitment
to the public interest and to demonstrate how specific recommendations,
advice, and public comments are in the global public interest. This
includes the ICANN community guiding the ICANN Board about the public
interest determination the latter must make in its decisions.

To learn more about the framework, please read the discussion paper
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zc-w3ZoTU9SlcusrddDIkp8_35QhQbCB3CF5a67cvLRr1yi-shmd0fKZe-XnQi7Cll3CaUmCwo0VXw0o7VSMb9dz0hvmaiSJ2dOWFwlCEvFBFB6q3HMGC7QbZas7es1BObky6RaJGdOVlEO4aFv_F1d9iMjeT9nAEPvkUcBAN1JVForLNPs1ceifFgSTO0CQKOGBc9lTOJL0KeGOX5bBjsjA9jJKENKyz2g==&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>.
Community feedback is welcome by Friday, 18 October 2019 via email at
gpitoolkit at icann.org. After the community consultation, there will be a
public session at ICANN66, followed by a Public Comment proceeding.

For more information, visit: https://go.icann.org/2kMb7RB.
ICANN66 Planning
REMINDER: ICANN66 Prep Week Schedule
Executive: David Olive, Senior Vice President, Policy Development Support

FOR: All Community Leaders

INFORMATION SHARING
On Monday, ICANN released the schedule for ICANN66 Prep Week, which
features a series of seven webinars to prepare the community ahead of its
Annual General Meeting in November. See the schedule and registration
information
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zcx-1AiJaMxWsAjQkxJwiF0X3NuA3mlaJGN9TgCoHwu_mWRk1OQLuhnGEht-BoYWqnmq05N98AhZGsqqCMszbCsKPVuTIs26TwMLNe4_i_MnIZRklfxt8Hhs_EH8SG6z1b69wyV0to8PB&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>.

REMINDER: Participate in Newcomers Day at ICANN66
Executive: Sally Costerton, Senior Vice President, Global Stakeholder
Engagement

FOR: All Community Leaders

INFORMATION SHARING
The Public Responsibility Support team will be hosting Newcomers Day for
ICANN66 on Sunday, 3 November 2019. Newcomers Day will feature two
community sessions:

Session 1: Supporting Organization Councils and Advisory Committees
10:00-12:20 (broken up into ten minute slots; e.g. 10:00-10:10,
10:10-10:20, etc.)

Session 2: Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies
13:20-15:00 (broken up into ten minute slots; e.g. 13:20-13:30,
13:30-13:40, etc.)

We would like to invite your community group to designate a representative
to attend the relevant session. Your remarks should be focused toward the
Newcomers and will be followed by a brief question and answer session.
Together, this should not exceed 10 minutes. We will provide standard
slides but you are welcome to send us any slides as well. We will share the
deck once it is finalized.

By Friday, 11 October 2019, please email deborah.escalera at icann.org with
your designated representative(s).
REMINDER: Support the ICANN Engagement Booth at ICANN66
Executive: Sally Costerton, Senior Vice President, Global Stakeholder
Engagement

FOR: All Community Leaders

INFORMATION SHARING
I know everyone is busy preparing for ICANN66, but I want to make you aware
that you are welcome and encouraged to come and do outreach at the ICANN
Engagement booth. The ICANN Engagement booth is in place so that Newcomers,
ICANN org members, and ICANN community members to engage in discussions. It
is supported by volunteers from the ICANN community, including members of
Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees. It would be beneficial to
have the presence of seasoned ICANN community members to share their
knowledge. We would like to offer one-hour slots during ICANN66. Sign up
here
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zcx-1AiJaMxWsYJG-KhuTTptEnK_GtlP2q5VTzyaA3uzqHCfhrrd3iXI66CpicWPegqPKgEq60S2LLFcVI1sLy3l4QHMwqjNapnJxE02iuShTrCsJJBlCt7tKtuRZK140_wTei8XAhm6MFP0_Hk9dxZoCuNKXLmsN8jdTfIwWXp-f3V2nbXK1vJC3nvtCMxpV_9N8ajzJ_b8x&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>
.

Sincerely,
Deborah Escalera
SAVE THE DATE: ICANN66 Community Leadership Reception
Executive: David Olive, Senior Vice President, Policy Development Support

FOR: All Community Leaders

INFORMATION SHARING
The ICANN66 Community Leadership Reception with members of the ICANN Board
and Executive
Team will be held on Friday, 1 November 2019. More details including
location and specific time will be shared later.
Public Comment
Next Steps to Improve the Effectiveness of ICANN's Multistakeholder Model
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zc374EltXfyBNk6B-BVMV5TEG1ObCDE5QRew0JmblI7F76lcrZq3xOIVTqxOad1t06i5c6Q9cr0ljDOLZXVbRpdLVXgnK3Kz0yqRIc-yu9AJ0H8kRJ0ZBIioSVsZpL9VCMMoyTrMIClCmMj2jILyu5t4XvT4AIHq7bYZJnPsjBEpBaKywiE_ZzqE=&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>
Close Date: Monday, 14 October 2019

Competition, Consumer Trust, and Consumer Choice Review Team (CCT-RT)
Accepted Recommendations – Plan for Implementation and Next Steps
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zc8K0pXwwLpLJRUw3J9y7pgCIm6iGTkFwPm_KkoNh0iTo_tQVXvJy_XvsgbmTBCBORMhaYokZfDcD198qNqFNk7jNw6FSSn-QreI-LYqnYEcHjbJ9s-WDOkyvdAMiUnJzDYvCd5VPWUgL7g16-iqxvgTYNgEigZ2LIzXs7ETi0_a9&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>
Close Date: Monday, 21 October 2019
Volume 1, Issue 52 | Archive
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YBGdGyyfWcm_9Iy4D8tvTiY6uPFPX-IdXkhKEb8WEpqlZ8_BQG9zcwaRgJFcf5v5ew55u5iV5PZKq0BAy5aOK0D59419keslV0Eij7bDgiK3JXe76KyTAX2Odl9vOFPT9QcSCzWkYlEevIYiZk9G4OBFYQFfuyEOB1tWm3pYqJjHvx8CtxBLP2kL8-9qaDZaR1s9UpItaKwNGt3rdmw2y9SjB0vcrf-JfrTi5jRoWpA=&c=uuo6Hb4yqagHI9ZkVSDJfwkSGcZ64xuekAk-BZiNah-TtVv87T3TKw==&ch=dqbYtf3SjywryWlBR0ZZHSErNsXBwEyrq9Y9uO_0L4Hpw_bBev2EPA==>
| Next Issue: Thursday, 26 September 2019
ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536
Unsubscribe so-ac-sg-cleaders at icann.org
<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=00115LrDzKl3LoTB9FWCDiE2A%3D&ch=e9433e80-c0d7-11e8-b4b7-d4ae52754aa9&ca=43897171-08d4-45bc-86ea-79fd0b9337cd>
Update Profile
<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=00115LrDzKl3LoTB9FWCDiE2A%3D&ch=e9433e80-c0d7-11e8-b4b7-d4ae52754aa9&ca=43897171-08d4-45bc-86ea-79fd0b9337cd>
| About Constant Contact
<http://www.constantcontact.com/legal/about-constant-contact>
Sent by david.olive at icann.org in collaboration with
[image: Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.]
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE>
Try email marketing for free today!
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE>

disabling delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so on.