[ALAC] The consolidated approach proposed by Keith Drazek

Satish Babu sb at inapp.com
Mon May 6 13:54:35 UTC 2019

I'd be curious to know what makes DoH more attractive in comparison with
the existing DNS service in order for it to completely displace DNS.

The key question is if DoH will remain a niche technology (similar to
first- and second-generation DNS substitutes ranging from TOR, FreeNet, and
I2P to the very new Ethereum Name Service, all of which are likely to
remain niche), or if it's likely to scale up as a direct (and effective)
substitute to the generic DNS, noting that it does avoid several security
pitfalls (including eavesdropping/tracking, man-in-the-middle etc).

Also, from an Internet Consolidation perspective, DoH appears to make
things even more centralized...not necessarily a good thing for end-users.

satish