[ALAC] Motion to amend the ALAC Rules of Procedure

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:55:50 UTC 2018

Hello Alan,

Find below a few comments on the RoP and the mail guideline:

*Comments on RoP*
11.45 - One needs to be careful with automatically considering all members
present via email as it depends on the notice period provided.

11.10 - I think it needs to be clear whether all ALT meetings are open to
observers or just literately open

17.16 - Which of the "or" does the "whichever comes first" apply to? i
assume its the former, if yes then i think that may need rewording to
clearly state that.

17.2.1 - Am not sure why the added statement is necessary, has there been a
scenario where a candidate that had the majority wasn't declared winner?

17.2.4.2 - I think options should read "If the drop WILL result in...." I
the current text suggest that drop should happen anyway. Secondly i assume
you are asking we indicate which option is preferred, if yes i will prefer
option B

19.9.1 - Edits suggests that all RALO must agree that BCEC erred, was that
the intention? I think that may be very difficult to achieve especially in
a highly tense political setup.(am not saying we have that now, but the RoP
is to be future proof)

19.11.8 - I like the inclusion but i believe the interpretation of abstain
needs to be reviewed. That someone abstain should not imply a No as we
currently practice. It should simply mean the person does not care hence
should not be counted in the total valid votes but should be part of total
cast.

23.1/2 - Are you suggesting we put that phrase or just doing an
explanation? if the former i don't think its necessary. I think just 23.3
is sufficient.

24 - Similar comment as 23 hence 24.3 should be sufficient

*Comments on RoP - Email guide*
ALAC (bullet 6) - By ALT's recommendation, does it mean ALAC would consider
for approval or that ALT is recommending for implementation. I think it
should be decision of ALAC.

ALAC (bullet 8,9) - Am not sure who periodic affirmation mean, can you
clarify your intention? Is it just to check with the individual if they
still like to remain subscribed? if yes then i think there should be a
definite period for that.

ALAC-Internal (bullet 3) - I honestly feel the ALAC list is too large and i
don't think bullet point 3 should be included as i don't see the added
value. At best i think only the liasons should be included

ALAC-ExCom (bullet 3) - Same comment as internal

ALAC-Announce - Subscription method phrase changed to "see members" i think
it also needs to be clear if its staff subscrbed or not.

AFRI-DISCUSS (bullet 3) - Lets include individual members as well. Comment
applicable to other RALO lists

Line 34 - Is it referring to communication on the list or the information
of the mailman itself?

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!