[ALAC] Motion to amend the ALAC Rules of Procedure

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 3 15:38:34 UTC 2018

Thanks Judith,

All of the RoP documents can be found at
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Rules+of+Procedure.

5.2 is correct. A person who is not yet on the ALAC but is expected
to be (due to selection by a RALO or the NomCom) can be nominated to
be the incoming Chair.

17.2.4.1-1 The intent is for the ALAC to indicate a preference for A
or B and only that option will be included.  I do not see the
conflict between 17.2.4.1 and 17.2.4.2. Can you be more specific?

18.1 The AASC is a new concept from only a few years ago. It is
allowed under 18.3 and that is why 18.3 was widened somewhat to
include ANY specific requirements as opposed to just complex ones.

Alan