[ALAC] ALAC Newsletter? (was Re: FW: Fwd: Cherine Chalaby to Alan Greenberg ...)

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 16:54:26 UTC 2018

Hi Evan and All

On the Newsletter front. NARALO  has been doing it with Constant Contact
for four years and we have about  42% capture rate out of over 300 emails.
Its much higher than the  industry average. The newsletter was to be taken
over by a NARALO volunteer but it has fallen to me to meet the deadlines
each and every month.  Originally  Eduardo's approach was to try to get the
NARALO ALS  community to use the newsletter as a means to push information
about  ALS  activities.  This was a challenge and very difficult to achieve
Since November  I have been moving the newsletter to more policy issues and
Internet Governance trends by sharing resources from IEEE, IFF, IGF, Diplo
and others to increase awareness and knowledge.   Also i have been asking
for  ALAC members from our region to provide  precises  and context to
current and pending policy issues so the  NARALO membership can appreciate
and get involved.   This is also mimicked with the monthly short
info-webinars during the monthly meetings.   A recent  NARALO educational
committee has projected each month topic which draws upon the community
talent and get more of the Unaffiliated member to be involved ie.  Jonathan
Zuck and Kristin Doan.   This format of a 20 minute mini webinar is tied to
the HOT TOPICs created by NARALO and cross  referenced with Silvia the
other RALO HOT TOPICS so we have each month set for discussion and with
work we will links from the newsletter to the discussion with ebooks and
resources.

Glenn McKnight
NARALO Secretariat
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com