[ALAC] IMPORTANT: PAPER ON OFFICE OF DIVERSITY PUBLIC COMMENTS

Alberto Soto asoto at ibero-americano.org
Wed Feb 14 04:11:05 UTC 2018

I agree Holly.

Diversity should be managed by standards, not by a group of people. It would
be like the inquisition. We designate a woman as ALAC Chair, and that group
will tell us: you CAN NOT, you must appoint a man ????

It would be very simple that there are two lines where the different types
of diversity are described, in the order in which they should be taken into
account for the designations. Of course it should be headed by knowledge,
the qualifications for that task. This for all ICANN, and we would save a
lot of money.

Regards

Alberto