[ALAC] [Accred-Model] Comment - Alan Greenberg

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 20 23:50:10 UTC 2018

Holly, I don't set the deadlines. Regarding
Jonathan's posted comment on the Article 29
letter, we can tell them to withdraw it if there is a consensus to do so.

Regarding my comment, I said there was no
agreement in the ALAC and posted it on my own
behalf. I have since been told it was submitted
to late and will not be considered for this pass.

The NCSG statement does not talk about the model
as such but the basis for its existence. It
ignores the phrase "or ny a third party" in
Article 6, section 1e of the Regulations which
allow the needs of a third party to be
considered, and it PRESUMES that the privacy
needs with out-weigh the needs for access to
provide for the safety and security of the
Internet. That is a presumption that I do not
agree with. The NCSG strongly objects to a model
originating in the BC/IPC. I on the other hand
welcome ANYONE working on such a model and
specifically would welcome it being transferred
to the community as a whole if there were any interest.

Alan