[ALAC] O & E SC for 2017-18

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 28 19:54:47 UTC 2017

For discussion at today's meeting.

Outreach & Engagement Subcommittee

In Abu Dhabi, we agreed to repopulate the
RALO–appointed O&E SC, verify that the other
members still wish to participate and solicit new membership.

In attempting to implement this, several issues arose:
·         The leadership structure is rather
confusing: 1 Chair plus five Co-Chairs.
·         In the past, we could not identify an
explicit call for RALO appointments (and the lack
of it has caused considerable difficulty).
·         It is not clear how the “Co-Chairs”
were appointed nor what their role was in relation to RALOs.
·         There are significant plans in place
with regard to the IGF meeting in Geneva in
December. Reforming the SC now could be problematic.

Proposal

·         Two members named by RALO, at least one
of which is a member of the RALO leadership team
(Chair, Secretariat, Vice-Chair)
·         Effective date: 01 January 2018.

To be Decided

·         Leadership structure (Chair and Vice-Chairs; Co-Chairs; etc.)
·        If there are regional Co-Chairs or
Vice-Chairs, their relation to the appointed members.