[ALAC] Issue related to the Appointment of Directors by Empowered Community

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri May 12 18:42:41 UTC 2017

Seun, that is not an acceptable process. Doing a Consensus Call
implies that this is a decision of the ALAC and the Bylaws make it
clear that it is not. ICANN legal counsel has been very clear on
that. As well, although not a likely occurrence, if there is a
removal of a Director by the Board, that must be carried out immediately.

Alan