[ALAC] Fwd: [SOAC-Leaders] Informed and Active Domain Name Registrants are Essential for a Secure and Stable DNS - ICANN by Akram Atallah

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 17:30:58 UTC 2017

On 22 Jun 2017 7:07 PM, "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

Seun, what do you mean by suggesting that "this started off with the
significant registrant base within ICANN (At-Large/NCSG)"?

SO: My intent for the above is in 2 forms:

1. That ICANN attempt to ensure that "their goal" is achieved within the
community that those 2 groups are blessed with.

2. That ICANN engage those 2 communities(perhaps more to At-Large due to
her scope) to see how ICANN org can support them to help achieve "ICANN
org's goal".

Regards
PS: I think 2 phrases I quoted makes all the difference; now that it's an
organisation objective, the engagement approach changes.

I do agree that in the past, there have been regular suggestions that
At-Large take on the responsibility of helping registrants and I too am
glad that such an unrealistic approach is no longer on the tabble.

Alan