[ALAC] ALAC Accountability

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Jan 27 01:37:56 UTC 2017

As you are aware, the CCWG- Accountability WS2 subgroup on SO/AC
Accountability is tasked with (among other things) evaluating the
accountability and transparency of ICANN SOs and ACs.

In the interest of transparency, I note that Cheryl Langdon-Orr is a
Co-Rapporteur of the group and I, Avri Doria, Christopher Wilkinson,
Sebastien Bachollet, Seun Ojedeji and Sivasubramanian Muthusamy are
members (some more active than others).

In carrying out its task, the groups has posed a number of questions
to each AC/SO. I have attempted to draft a reply that covers At-Large
(ALAC plus RALOs). A copy of the the draft is attached.

I ask all ALAC Members and RALO leaders to review this draft and feed
any comments back to me (in Word version or just e-mail referencing
line numbers will be fine). I am also asking staff to post this on a
wiki page so that the wiki can be used for comments. The intent is
that we can formalize this well before Copenhagen.