[ALAC] Fwd: Re: RDS Review

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 9 02:07:08 UTC 2017

I am attaching a document from the GNSO on the
proposed RDS (formerly WHOIS) Review to be started very soon.

You will recall that we previously had approved a
narrowing of the scope of the RDS Review to focus
just on the extent to which the previous WHOIS
Review Recommendations had been implemented. This
GNSO proposal widens the scope considerably.
Although there is no question that the wider
scope is interesting and ptentially useful, it
will also require far more community involvement that the earlier proposal.

The call for volunteers was to close on 13
January and a decision needs to be made quickly
on exactly what the Review should be.

Comments please, with some urgency.

Alan