[ALAC] IMPORTANT: Statement on Supplementary Procedures for Independent Review Process (IRP)

Alberto Soto asoto at ibero-americano.org
Fri Jan 6 17:47:47 UTC 2017

Alan, I agree withi the new version.
Regards

Alberto

-----Mensaje original-----
De: alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
[mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] En nombre de Alan Greenberg
Enviado el: Friday, January 6, 2017 2:07 PM
Para: ALAC <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Asunto: [ALAC] IMPORTANT: Statement on Supplementary Procedures for
Independent Review Process (IRP)

A wording problem was brought to my attention regarding the statement that
is currently undergoing a vote. I have reviewed the statement again and must
admit that this slipped by me the first time.

The 4th point currently reads:

4. The ALAC recommends that an ongoing observation of this new IRP
Supplementary Procedures is performed to foster the continued improvement
exercise for the benefit of end users.

I find the wording awkward, and it conflicks with the closing remarks which
correctly say that users are only affected indirectly.

I am proposing that instead we say:

4. The ALAC recommends that as we gain experience with these new procedures,
there is ongoing monitoring ensure continued improvement.

I have discussed this with Leon who authored the statement and he has no
problem with it.

If anyone has a concern with this, please let me know immediately. At this
point, only six people have voted. If any of them wish to alter their vote,
that is fine.