[ALAC] Fwd: NomCom selection of ALAC Members

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Tue Dec 5 22:53:20 UTC 2017

Though the focus here is in recommendations to NomCom I believe we need to have relevant points also to send to RALOS in order to have adequate members working

What I have seen during my 4 years inside NOMCOM was not always positive - some ALAC ( as well as other representatives too) were not the most adequate people for the position- Some premises are important:
Knowledge of ICANN and the responsibilities and scope of each AC/ SO is relevant but other related to personality are also relevant : for instance:
facility to work in group without trying to be the star ; research behavior to understand how to find not so clear information about a person; attention (dispersive persons are disruptive for the group) Facility to follow discussions in English (someone nearby has double task explaining each step); Listen person ;flexible personally to accept opposition without problem
I also would like to suggest a kind of Process before the work to start to be organize by ALAC :
Normally the person selected from each ralo does not know others from other ralos - A previous call among the 5 selected by each ralo and approved will help them  to discuss relevant points from ALAC demand at the time, and can help them to better explain ALAC requisites to the entire NomCom group

My first thoughts

Vanda Scartezini
Sent from my iPhone
Sorry for typos