[ALAC] Consensus Call: ALAC Ratification of the ongoing CCWG FY17 Budget

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 28 02:20:10 UTC 2016

You will recall that on 23 August 2016, we held a Webinar of the
proposed CCWG cost control mechanisms. Although many ALAC Members
were not able to attend the Webinar, I presume that most or all have
since reviewed the material. The agenda can be found at
https://community.icann.org/x/iBCsAw and it points to recordings and
transcripts (EN, ES, FR) as well as the full AdobeConnect recording.

For those who participate in the CCWG, this was also presented at its
meeting of 21 June 2016. That meeting along with its recordings and
transcripts can be found at https://community.icann.org/x/ECOOAw.

A document describing the process and budget in detail is attached.

In my opinion, I believe that the proposed way forward is reasonable
and I recommend that the ALAC ratify this proposal. Upon ratification
by all of the chartering organizations, it will be forwarded to the
Board for its approval.

With this message, I am initiating a Consensus Call of the ALAC
requesting that the ALAC ratify the proposed plan and budget.

The Consensus Call will end at 23:59 on Monday, 05 October 2016.

If there are any questions of comments, please direct them to either
this list or to me directly.

Although message indicating support are welcome, they are not
necessary. Should this Consensus Call fail due to significant
opposition (greater than 20% as specified by ALAC RoP 12.3.3.1), we
will revert to a formal vote.