[ALAC] ALAC Liaisons to AC/SO/.mobi

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 7 17:29:35 UTC 2016

In recent years, the ALAC, as provided in its RoP, has on occasion
renewed some or all of its Liaisons without opening a formal call for
nominations. In each case this was done as a conscious decision of the ALAC.

Following last year's appointments, a few ALAC Members raised
concerns about this process. Accordingly, I polled the ALAC Appointee
Selection Committee this year. Of the 10 members, 6 responded and 5
of those recommended that we open full nominations for all positions.
That of course includes the GAC Liaison where we had already decided
to follow this path this year.

Accordingly, a Call for Nominations will be issued shortly for the
Liaisons for the GNSO, ccNSO, SSAC, GAC and .mobi.