[ALAC] ALAC Liaisons to AC/SO/.mobi

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Thu Sep 8 15:08:18 UTC 2016

Thank you Alan for this alert.
 Kisses,

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
Sorry for any typos.

On 9/7/16, 2:29 PM, "alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org on behalf of Alan Greenberg" <alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org on behalf of alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

    In recent years, the ALAC, as provided in its RoP, has on occasion
    renewed some or all of its Liaisons without opening a formal call for
    nominations. In each case this was done as a conscious decision of the ALAC.

    Following last year's appointments, a few ALAC Members raised
    concerns about this process. Accordingly, I polled the ALAC Appointee
    Selection Committee this year. Of the 10 members, 6 responded and 5
    of those recommended that we open full nominations for all positions.
    That of course includes the GAC Liaison where we had already decided
    to follow this path this year.

    Accordingly, a Call for Nominations will be issued shortly for the
    Liaisons for the GNSO, ccNSO, SSAC, GAC and .mobi.