[ALAC] Consensus Call: BMSPC and BCEC guidelines

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 14 16:58:50 UTC 2016

The attached Guidelines for the operation of the Board Member
Selection Process Committee (BMSPC) and the Board Candidate
Evaluation Committee (BCEC) have been submitted by the chairs of the
two committees, Tijani Ben Jemaa, and Julie Hammer, respectively. In
both cases, the Chairs inform me that their guidlelines have been
reviewed and approved by their committees.

With this message, I am initiating a Consensus Call of the ALAC
ratifying the BMSPC and BCEC Guidelines as per Paragraph 19.8 of our
Rules of Procedure.

The Consensus Call will end at 23:59 on Tuesday, 18 October 2016.

If there are any questions of comments, please direct them to either
this list or to me directly.

Although message indicating support are welcome, they are not
necessary. Should this Consensus Call fail due to significant
opposition (greater than 20% as specified by ALAC RoP 12.3.3.1), we
will revert to a formal vote.