[ALAC] Fwd: Rights Protection Mechanisms in all gTLDs. Outreach Letter

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Tue May 31 15:16:05 UTC 2016

Hello All,

Please note that the wiki workspace for this Request for Input has been created: https://community.icann.org/x/SBeOAw.

Thank you,
Ariel

From:  <alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com>
Date:  Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 10:52 AM
To:  Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
Cc:  ALAC <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Subject:  Re: [ALAC] Fwd: Rights Protection Mechanisms in all gTLDs. Outreach Letter

BTW, RPMs are under consideration in the CCT RT as part of our consideration on consumer trust and consumer confidence in the DNS. It is being handled at ground level in the Safeguards Subteam; one of my assignments.

Recall Evan, Hong, a few others and myself fought a lonely fight for adoption and treatment of so-called local marks; the ones that mean something to us at the edge of empire but which nobody Up So was bound to respect. We got snowed.

So while y'all at it, I would dearly love to get some feedback - for input to the CCT RT - on what y'all think is/might be missing from all the RPMs articulated.  That is to say, substantially and procedurally.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799
Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround