[ALAC] The Ten Worst Top Level Domains

gbruen at knujon.com gbruen at knujon.com
Tue Mar 8 16:48:23 UTC 2016

Thanks Olivier. This may or may not be a coincidence, but I definitely
did not plan on releasing my own data at the same time as Spamhaus.

However, I have conducted my own review of spam-heavy TLDs and will be
publishing the results today. I contacted each registry directly and
waited a few days to hear back from each of them. I can say that some of
the registries have been responsive and other have not. Time will reveal
how each registry handles the abuse issue, and this is what I plan to
look at.

My report looks at all TLDs, not just new TLDs, but there is a clear
pattern which supports the Spamhaus results, in that new gTLDs are
rapidly passing legacy TLDs in abuse rates.

The report also editorializes ICANN's consumer trust issues in terms of
the website and compliance.

ALAC get's the first crack:
http://www.knujon.com/knujon-icann-consumers-rygy-limbo-032016.pdf