[ALAC] ALS Criteria and Expectations

Kan Kaili kankaili at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 08:46:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

My understanding of the very reason that the individual-led criterea of an ALS is that, ALAC and RALOs are established to represent and to protect consumers' interests.

Thus, as long as an entity can demonstrate that it indeed
-- plays the role of protecting consumer interest
-- is financially independent and not-for-profit
-- is non-governmental
I believe it should qualify as an ALS.

For example, if the Consumers Union, the NGO/NPO publisher of Consumers Report, gains related Internet expertise and applies to become an ALS, it should be welcomed.  In fact, I believe that it would be much more capable in protecting consumers' interests than seperately grouped individual consumers.

Furthermore, this will help our out-reach tremendusly, and help to smooth out the "civil society" vs. ALAC issue.

Best regards,
Kaili