[ALAC] Explanation of RoP Director voting alternatives

Kan Kaili kankaili at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:55:31 UTC 2016

Hi, Seun,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  It seems like your typing is so much faster than mine (as well as your talking).  :)

I also want to thank you again for smmerizing the points we agree and disagree in this fully democratic process.  (As we are both new ALAC members, it seems like seniority does not play a role.)

Among the points we agree, I notice that we both agree that the current Board Member could be extended by another term or so, provided that "we" (I am not sure who this means) unanimously agree to that.

Thus, I propose that "we" conduct the process right now to see if this is the case.  If it works out, Great.  This will save us all the trouble for now, and we will have plenty of time to agree on all the details of this procedure, making it ready for our next time and ending this "long and painful process" for good.  If it does not work out, at least we can have a better understanding of the current situation, and would be better prepared for the formal procedure.

Of course, this again first need to be agreed upon by "we" and the current Board Member herself.

Best regards,
Kaili