[ALAC] Request for a snapshot view on next round new gTLD program outlook from the ALAC for the ICANN Board

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:53:37 UTC 2016

Dear Olivier,

The Board is aware of all the reviews that are currently being done.
Certainly no decision will be made about the next round without the input
from these reviews.

There are strong views being made to the Board about the need to start the
next round. I think you can make an educated guess on where it is coming
from. Rather than listen to one group, the Board would like to have a
"sense" of the matter from all groups.  A snapshot of the sense of the
community in time if you will while we wait for the results of the reviews.

If you choose not to provide input to the Board at this time on the matter,
that is entirely up to you.  In my personal view, you would give up an
opportunity to share what you think, which would be a pity because it gives
more room for other views to stand alone without counter balance.

The formulation of the guiding questions is mine, based on what I think the
key contention points would be.  In a sense, it is what I think are aspects
of what would be valuable for the Board to hear from the ALAC plus other
aspects that you think are important.

Best regards,

Rinalia