[ALAC] [ALAC-Announce] Fwd: Statement on changes to the Fellowship Program

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:36:51 UTC 2016

Hello Alan,

Oh so a statement of support was also going to be helpful, was thinking it
was if we had concerns. Thanks for the draft and  My +1 to the statement at
it currently stand, if its not too late, you may consider a few minor
comments below:

1. Can "They play an impactful role in their respective countries to...."
be updated to "They play an impactful role in their respective countries
and within ICANN to...." I think emphasizing the impact of atlarge within
ICANN is quite important. I have always been of the opinion that atlarge
defending the interest of end-users within ICANN is of more importance than
what they do outside of it. Ofcourse not that, that is also not important.

2. I suggest re-wording of the third paragraph to the following:
"The ALAC recognizes that these changes may make the process of selecting
candidates more difficult, but believes ICANN is making a wise choice in
doing this and would ensure to maintain fairness and balance in the
selection process, especially towards improving representation of
under-served/under developed countries/territories within ICANN processes "

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!