[ALAC] Proposed modification to mailing list subscription rules

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 10 15:43:39 UTC 2015

Cheryl is no longer technically on the list of people who should be
subscribed to both the ALAC-Internal and ALT lists (any past ALAC
Member may choose to stay on the ALAC list).

I believe that Cheryl is a valuable person to have on both lists and
would like to propose that she be kept on both lists. As we go
forward, I would also suggest that we consider extending a similar
courtesy to past ALAC Chairs when they would otherwise leave the
lists (on a case-by-case basis).

The current rules allow for membership of "Others by the explicit
decision of the ALAC", so we do have the ability to take such action.

Unless I hear significant opposition in the next few days, I will
formally propose this to the ALAC.

Comments?