[ALAC] CONSENSUS CALL: Reconstitution of CROPP Review Team

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Mar 6 15:01:20 UTC 2015

Judith,

It is extremely important to get new people actively involved.
Putting someone who is NOT actively involved an has no history in
At-Large in a decision-making role is not, in my mind, the way to go.
More specifically, giving someone decision making responsibility
related to outreach and budget when they have shown no interest in
either is not how I, as a hopefully responsible manager, would choose to go.

Moreover, if you read the requirements carefully, the person to be
selected did not have to be a formal MEMBER of the SC, just a
Participant. Both the FBSC and the planned O&E SC are open. All it
takes to become a participant is to send an e-mail to Staff saying
they want to be on the SC.

In any case, please see my next message on this subject.

Alan