[ALAC] CONSENSUS CALL: Reconstitution of CROPP Review Team

Judith Hellerstein judith at jhellerstein.com
Fri Mar 6 13:24:11 UTC 2015

Dear Olivier,

I agree with Ali. What I thought Cheryl was suggesting in Singapore that the RALO can select a person to be the Cropp RT who is not currently on the outreach or budget. We want to expand the pool and the best way of doing this is to find people who are active contributors in one other forum and get them to take on a new role. We need to find a way to energize people in the RALOs to take on new responsibilities and one way of doing this is to ask people who have contributed in some other groups to take on a mor active role and become a cropp rt.  We ate not going to choose people who will not be good at this as in NARALO we already have had the experience of having a person who is not active on any committees we want to avoid this and at the same time get new blood and new people interested in becoming involved and asking them to take a job is one way of doing this and is why I thought Cheryl had suggested this.

If we are restricted to choosing people who currently are on outreach or budget it really constricts us on who we can appoint and then makes us choose some one who is already active and not get a way to get more people active in leadership roles. The CROPP RT role is an important role but it is not so time consuming so is a good way to have a past contributor at meetings  and working groups, just not these 2 specific ones, become more active

These are my thoughts

Judith

Sent from my iPad
Judith at jhellerstein.com