[ALAC] Resignation of the ALAC Liaison to the GNSO

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 5 04:26:04 UTC 2015

It is with great regret that I must announce that Cheryl Langdon-Orr
has resigned as the ALAC Liaison to the GNSO Council.

We have recently been made aware that her selection as Liaison by the
ALAC, which was finalized on 04 October 2014, was in violation of
ICANN Bylaws, Article VII, Section 8
(https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8)
because she was still serving on the 2014 Nominating Committee at
that time - the 2014 NomCom would not be dissolved until 16  October.

It is clear that we need to name a replacement without any delay.
Following significant consultation and discussion, with the full
support of the ALT, I am recommending that we name Olivier
Crepin-Leblond to replace Cheryl for the remainder of this term.
Olivier is one of the few people who has actively participated in
multiple GNSO activities, and based on his position as former Chair
of the ALAC, has developed a good rapport which many of the people
which whom the GNSO Liaison needs to work.

I truly thank Olivier for his willingness to take this on.

With this message, I request that At-Large Staff initiate a secret
ballot vote of the ALAC to formalize this appointment.