[ALAC] Feedback on the new ALAC-Board meeting format

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Tue Jun 23 20:04:24 UTC 2015

Dear Alan, all, I was not aware of: " ...the planned intent was to have only
the people at the table participate." And find this problematic, why should
only some selected (?) people speak. Maybe I missed the point when this was
agreed, but I would have strongly objected. If we have the claim to be equal
footed within the multistakeholder environment, why do we introduce
hierarchies among our self?

I have no problem with some people only sitting on a panel or whatever, but
not being allowed to speak is the wrong sign.

A comment: I found it important to mention the visa problems of our member
Beran, but after Fadi made a really constructive proposal the discussion
could have been finished. We can take him by his word now and this proposal
would really be a way out of such miseries.

I would support a timer, also to be introduced in our ALAC meetings.

Sandra