[ALAC] Feedback on the new ALAC-Board meeting format

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Tue Jun 23 19:34:41 UTC 2015

My thoughts:
On 24 Jun 2015, at 4:58 am, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I would appreciate thoughts on the new format that we tried today for the ALAC-Board meeting.
>
> I'll kick it off with my thoughts:
>
> 1. I thought that on the ALAC side, it was too much an "Alan Greenberg show”.
I think it was, in part, because of the subject matter so I’m not sure that the same format would yield the same results next time.

> 2. There was a question/comment by Sebastien that I did not take because the planned intent was to have onlyl the people at the table participate. In light of 1, I am not sure this was appropriate.
I prefer the format to a table of everyone facing the audience and then talking to each other! Beyond that, the whole point is for ALAC to talk to the Board.  The Thursday afternoon event is where the public can ask questions.

> 3. At one point we contemplated having a timer. In light of a few of the interventions, I am inclined to do so next time.
No - if the talk is flowing, so much the better

Holly